Location: 14603 118 Ave NW Edmonton, AB
Terms: Full Time Contract from May to August. Option to renew every year.
Compensation: $22 per hour
Requirements: Must be fully available July – September.
Reports to: Office Manager & Volunteer Coordinator
We are looking for an event coordinator to assist with the planning and execution of meetings and smaller events leading up to the festival as well as the day-to-day tasks in the office and other projects as needed.
The ideal candidate should have strong written and verbal communication skills, have creative problem-solving skills, stellar organizational skills, have a great attention to detail and be a team player.
About the Edmonton Heritage Festival Association (EHFA):
• Our Mission is to “To promote public awareness, understanding and appreciation for cultural diversity through an annual summer festival”.
• We present Heritagefest annually and assist other cultural events over the course of the remainder of the year.
• We are a member of the International Council of Organizations of Folklore Festivals and Folk Arts (CIOFF). Our shared partner, UNESCO, has named us an “Intangible Cultural Heritage Asset”.
Heritagefest is the world’s largest three-day celebration of multiculturalism. It is a collection of Alberta based cultural groups that come together to share their history, song, dance, and food with the world from tented pavilions on 17 hectares.
Up to one hundred cultural organizations present to over three hundred thousand live and one and a half million on-line visitors annually. It is facilitated by the Edmonton Heritage Festival Association, overseen by a Board of Directors, and managed by a small staff.
Skills & Competencies
• Have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suites, Google Workspaces and be quick to pick up new programs
• Patience and works well under pressure
• Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
• Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
• Able to handle stress and remain calm
• Excellent problem solving and prioritizing skills
• Understanding requirements for each event
• Planning event with attention to financial and time constraints
• Collaborate with Heritage Fest team
• Answer telephones and respond to inquiries from clients and participants
• Create, compile and export databases containing all information for each event
• Answer potential clients’ questions about facility and amenities
• Process and file documents from vendors
Qualifications & Requirements
• 1+ years’ experience in event management
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
• Degree/diploma/certificate in hospitality management, event management, or Arts & Cultural Management
If you believe you are an ideal candidate, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.